If you are planning to install a flat roof in the near future, both felt and rubber are popular materials for flat roofing, and if you are unsure about which to choose, here is some background information to help you make the right decision.
Felt has long been a firm favourite for UK homeowners looking for flat roofing, mainly due to the low cost and durability that felt offers. Here are some of the benefits that felt roofing offers:
- Completely Waterproof
If you are looking for a flat roof in Wrexham, rubber roofing is a popular choice, and it can be installed without using fire. The roof is covered in a single sheet of rubber, which means no leaks, and while rubber roofing is slightly more expensive that felt, it is very durable, with most roofers happy to issue a 25-year warranty on a rubber roof that they install. Rubber roofing offers the following benefits:
- Easy to install – There is no need to use fire when installing a rubber roof.
- Easy to repair – Using a rubber adhesive, repairs are simple.
- Extremely durable and long-lasting – A rubber roof will last 20-25 years.
- Fire resistant – More so than felt, a rubber roof is very fire resistant.
- Excellent insulating properties – Keeping the home warm in winter and cool in the summer.
Whatever material you choose, talk to your local roofing contractor, who can point out the pros and cons of both rubber and felt, and they would offer you a comprehensive warranty that gives you peace of mind.